A vocally gifted classmate of mine from UCLA went BIG a few years back and is now a pretty famous singer – you’ve likely heard of her, or at least heard her biggest hit Lovesong (♫ I’m not gonna write you a love song, cause you asked for it, cause you need one..♪). Yup, that’s her, Sara Bareilles. Having known her as a classmate for a number of years, I’m glad to see her make it big, because I feel like she keeps it real.
Her most recent song is called BRAVE, and I, like a tru fan (yes that’s t-r-u), downloaded it the day it was released and have been listening and contemplating/rocking out to the lyrics. As we do, I see them through the lens of my own life, hopes, dreams and goals. And I agree with her, that there is a massive reason for all of us to be brave right now, and I may go so far as to say that humanity depends on our individual and collective bravery.
As you’ve hopefully gathered if you’ve been reading along, I deeply believe that the world thrives best when we invest in ourselves deeply, spiritually. When we listen to the small voices inside that want to express and follow them. Now, not all of us will be rock stars (jealous!) but we can and should each be our own form of super star… expressing the unique genius and character that only we have, each in our own irreplicable way.
It goes back to the Marianne Williamson quote you hopefully know well – when we give ourselves permission to shine, we unconsciously encourage others to do the same. Want to change the world? Shine on, sista! Or brotha, as it may be;)
SO! What would it mean for you to be brave today?
Think of the big things…
- What would you say, do or try if you knew you only had a few days or months left here?
- What would you regret not having done at the end of your life?
- How will you share your heart and soul with the world, no hedging or apologizing?
AND the small things…
- Would you compliment a stranger, try a new milk in your latte, be silly?
- Can you spread simple love through your actions, words and choices today?
- Can you give yourself permission to be yourself completely, to be free with your essential self in any given small moment?
You only live once, so let today be a chance for you to let it out! Be brave!!
Please share your thoughts in the comments below and tell us how you will be brave today!
Shall you feel inspired by watching others dance in public, watch the music video here. Then come back & share any inspirations for newfound bravery!!;)
With much love and courageous bravery,